The National Training Fund (KFS) is a form of financial support that makes it possible to subsidize training for employees and employers. In order to stay strong in the labor market, it is essential to supplement and update one's skills and professional qualifications. Therefore, it is worthwhile to take advantage of the opportunities provided by receiving funding from the KFS.
In the article we will answer the following questions:
- How much is this year's KFS budget?
- What can the funds be used for?
- Who can apply for funding?
- What needs to be done to get a grant?
- Where is the current call for applications?
How much money has been budgeted for 2023?
In 2023, a pool of almost 219,752 thousand zlotys has been allocated for funding . This year's spending priorities are as follows:
- Support for continuing education aimed at employers who hire foreigners.
- Support for continuing education in connection with the application of new processes, technologies and work tools in companies.
- Support for continuing education in deficit occupations identified in a given district or province.
- Support of continuing education for newly employed persons (or persons whose responsibilities have been changed) over 50 years of age.
- Support for continuing education of persons returning to the labor market after a break related to child care and persons who are members of families with many children.
- Support for continuing education of people under 30 years of age in digital skills and skills related to the energy and waste management industry.
Is KFS funding a good choice?
Any company, office, foundation that employs employees under an employment contract, as well as individuals who are self-employed and employ at least one person under an employment contract, can apply for a grant. It does not matter what type of employment contract the employees benefiting from KFS-supported education are employed under, and whether it is full-time or part-time. The subsidy is provided on the basis of de minimis aid, i.e. non-refundable support for enterprises by the state. It is worth noting that no age restrictions apply.
The employer can get as much as 80% of the training and examination subsidy, which means that he covers only 20% of the cost of training an employee. Micro-enterprises employing up to 10 people can get 100% funding.
What is the process of applying for a grant?
First check with your Labor Office to see if the call for applications has been launched and until when it will last. Remember that support can only be granted before the start of training, so the application should be submitted well in advance. The deadline for processing the application is 30 days. The amount of funds is limited, and a successful application is determined not only by the correctness of the completed documents, but also by the order of applications, so do not delay in submitting your application. To apply, the employer must apply to the labor office competent for the seat or place of business activity.
Current call for KFS applications in 2023
You can find the call for applications in each county on the page: KFS funding in Sages
Additional information can be found on the page dedicated to KFS in Sages and on the website of the Ministry of Family and Social Policy